Monday, March 5, 2012

Midterm Exam:

Taken from Google
          Midterm exam’s are the rush time for every student at Champlain College and it is time when work load comes all at once.

          Some professors assign papers and projects a week before finals which can be stressful because for some students it’s hard to manage their time to finish their papers and projects before its due. Students are scattered all over the places during the day and night; Champlain's library is always full of people working on papers or group projects and computer labs are full of game designers or programmers working on their game designs or programming projects. The pressure increases every day as professors emphasize the submission due dates every class to remind us and to make sure everyone completes their work

          Sometimes it’s funny though that people don’t realize the benefit of the work they do prior to exams but during this “rush time” everybody complains and if you see their Facebook profile status it says either “so ready to be done” or “ In the library studying”. I have seen many students freaked out and worried about their grades.

          Personally, I am not worried about my grades but I get nervous about exams because in my high school at Putney, VT we didn’t have exams but instead we focused on projects working with two teachers mentors on chosen topics.The pressure was there but different and not as intense as taking a college exam for the first time.

           My college classes went well this semester although I was nervous when I first arrived at Champlain. Fortunately, I have done well on exams both last semester and the midterm this semester in almost all of my classes. I’ve discovered taking exams and managing stress is a learning process and with each class project, quiz or presentation one becomes more confident and builds new skills. Fortunately, the professors at Champlain are always there to help you with ideas for your projects, paper or anything else you are struggling with.
distantheartbeats.tumblr.com
Again, I am happy that I have made the right decision to attend Champlain.

No comments:

Post a Comment